How to do a Back Test on your Own Parameters Setup..
Here you learn all steps to get an EA tested. Once MT4 is launched, on the top menu/view/Strategy Tester, or by shortcut "Ctrl + R", open Strategy Tester. Later on, follow the structures below:
1. Select the EA to get tested.
2. Select the pair on which you want to test the EA.
3. Select "Every Tick", which gives you the most accurate hypothetical performance, yet slower and more time consuming.
4. Select a span of time from when you want to test the EA.
5. Select if you want to see the live performance of the EA in the selected chart.
6. Select the Time Frame of which you want to test the EA.
7. Select the Spread: Current or any preferred figure.
8. Here is where you can Input any own value for parameters, or Load a "Preset" file.
9. Click to get the EA Back Test started.